3 Tips for a Picture-Perfect (or Zoom-Perfect) Smile
As much of the world has transitioned from in-person meetings to Zoom meetings, people have all of a sudden started looking at themselves way more than they ever did before. While video meetings such as Zoom can be a great help in today’s confusing world, it can be uncomfortable staring at yourself day in and day out. It may also have sparked some additional insecurities about your appearance and your smile. Don’t worry, your dentist in Loveland is here to help.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Loveland
Cosmetic dentistry is no longer reserved for movie stars and celebrities. In fact, cosmetic dentistry services are one of the most commonly requested services at dental offices across the country. Thanks to advances in technology, there’s now a cosmetic dentistry solution to fit any desire and any budget. But there is some homework you’ll want to do first before you dive into cosmetic dentistry.
- Figure Out What You Want to Change
Your dentist is there to help you achieve the smile of your dreams, so it’s important to have an idea of what you’d like to change or which areas of your smile you don’t particularly like. Before you schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist in Loveland, consider the following questions:
- Are you bothered by the color of your teeth?
- Do you wish your teeth were straighter?
- Do you have older dental restorations that don’t match with the rest of your teeth?
- Are small gaps in your teeth making you feel self-conscious?
- Is the shape of your teeth ideal or are some too long or too short?
Once you’re able to identify specifically what you’d like to change, you can find a dentist to help you achieve your ideal smile.
- Finding the Best Cosmetic Dentist Near You
With so many dental offices to pick from, how do you find the best dentist to help you with cosmetic dentistry? We always recommend you start by asking friends, family, or co-workers for any advice. Then, head online and read reviews, look at websites, and check out before and after photos. This should narrow down your list to a select few. Once you’ve decided on a dentist, schedule a consultation.
- Consider Which Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments You May Want
Cosmetic dentistry is a broad term that describes several different dental treatments that can transform the look of individual teeth or the entire smile. The right cosmetic dentistry solution for you will depend on what you want to change and the current state of your oral health. Sometimes, your dentist will recommend a combination of cosmetic dentistry treatments to achieve the look you want. Three of the most common types of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth Whitening – This is best if you’re unhappy with the color of your teeth and wish they were whiter. The best smile whitening treatment is often done by your dentist in Loveland as you can typically whiten several shades at one easy appointment.
- Veneers – If you want a whiter smile but you’ve been told that smile whitening won’t work for you, your dentist may recommend dental veneers. These thin pieces of porcelain can cover the front surface of one or several teeth and are custom-created to match other teeth. Veneers can also hide imperfections such as chips or breaks, gaps, or unevenness.
- Bonding – Dental bonding is another option that can correct discoloration in those where traditional tooth whitening won’t work. It can also fix minor chips, cracks, or gaps.
Your smile can play a key role in your self-confidence, so if your Zoom meetings have you feeling down about your smile or cosmetic dentistry has been something you’ve been thinking about for a while, schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation with your dentist in Loveland today and start smiling proudly!